Wednesday 15 August 2012

Medieval seating chart - Bow and arrow

I came across this very medieval seating chart idea by Tammy from Uniquity Invitations / Cora's Photography /via Ruffled. It is something you can do yourself and it's a fun way to direct your guests to their seats.
It's worthy of a Robin Hood wedding to plant an arrow in a target board and have a couple of lists hang down from the arrow with the names of each guest at each table.
Best way to make sure it's stable is to use a big round slice of wood, drill a hole in it for and arrow-like long cylindrical stick and make the stick look like a real arrow by adding fletchings in the other end. The target board can be painted with concentric rings in shifting colors.
The table number notes can be printed on parchment paper to give it a medieval feel.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea!
    I just wanted to say, thank you so much for writing this blog. Our Fantasy/Medieval-themed handfasting is on Saturday, and your blog has really been such an inspiration! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that the blog have helped you :) I really felt like there are so many wedding blogs out there, but not a great one about medieval weddings :) I am just trying to fill a void :) And I gathered so much information planning my own wedding - I thought it would be a waste just deleting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a great idea even if you weren't having a wedding...but maybe a pretty fall party outdoors! Thanks for sharing all these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice idea!+
    Now I must find the bride to agree with this!!

    I discovered your blog today and Im reading everything. Keep writing!
    Tks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and good look finding the bride ;)
      My wedding was 3 weeks ago so I haven't been writing, but I have a lot of entries coming up :)

      Delete